(This is an archived page, from the Patterns of Power Edition 3 book. Current versions are at book contents).
There are some benefits which are available to everyone who happens to be in a country, including visitors who expect to be there for less than six months:
· Everyone benefits from public infrastructure (3.2.8).
· Everyone pays the taxes which are levied on the sale of the goods and services which they buy.
· All are entitled to expect socially-acceptable behaviour from the people they meet (4.4.2).
· All are protected by the law and are subject to it.
· Visitors might have to pay for access to some public services, such as healthcare.