126.96.36.199 Rights and Responsibilities Which Apply to Everyone
There are some benefits which are available to everyone who happens to be in a country, including visitors who expect to be there for less than six months:
- Everyone benefits from public infrastructure (3.2.8).
- Everyone pays the taxes which are levied on the sale of the goods and services which they buy.
- All are entitled to expect socially-acceptable behaviour from the people they meet (4.4.2).
- All are protected by the law and are subject to it.
- Visitors might have to pay for access to some public services, such as healthcare.
This is a current page, from the Patterns of Power Edition 3a book, © PatternsofPower.org, 2020. An archived copy of it is held at https://www.patternsofpower.org/edition03/6731.htm